RECIPE: Pandemic Pancakes! (makes ten-ish)
Here's our recipe for amazing pancakes. What's better than a great breakfast? 🥞
- 175g plain flour.
- 25g sugar.
- 1tsp baking soda.
- pinch of salt.
- 1 large egg.
- 25g butter (melted).
- 300ml buttermilk or yoghurt.
- 50g white chocolate chips.
1. Whisk dry ingredients together.
2. Add buttermilk or yoghurt.
3. Add egg.
4. Add butter.
5. Mix until smooth. It'll be thick.
6. Heat a pan to medium-low. There's no need to butter or oil the pan. It's in the batter.
7. Scoop about half a ladle of batter into the pan, then swirl the mix into a round shape with the bottom of the ladle. Repeat if you have space in the pan. You should hear a faint sizzle. If the edges turn brown quickly, your pan is too hot.
8. Drop a few white chocolate chips onto the pancakes before they set.
9. After 2-3 minutes, turn the pancakes. They should be golden brown. It doesn't matter if they're a bit light, you can flip them in another 2-3 minutes to get the colour you want.
- The chocolate chips will caramelise where they touch the pan, and will be melty inside. It's not uncooked batter.
- The mixture is fine to refrigerate and use the following day, but use a lower heat and give the pancakes longer too cook, as the batter will be cold.
Obviously, you can replace the white chocolate chips with whatever you want. Strawberries are particularly good, if you have some you need to use!
Enjoy, and if you use the recipe, share and tag us!